Bonhams is an international auction house specialising in the valuation and sale of fine art, fine and rare books and manuscripts, fine jewellery, antiques, fine wine, motor cars and all types of collectibles. Our US galleries and salesrooms are located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City.
We are currently looking for a candidate for our New York gallery at 580 Madison Avenue, who will be responsible for photographing a large variety of objects for our catalogues and advertisements. Traditional view camera & strobe lighting experience is mandatory. Additionally, having extensive experience in the use of Mac OSX, PhotoShop, and a familiarity with colour management is a must. We would also like you to be very comfortable with uploading colour images to a database server, or business operating system.
• Photograph property for catalogues and advertisements, including facilitating setups, quality control to insure compliance with company standards. Includes off site at our warehouse, which requires moving equipment and setting up at that location.
• Insure photography meets auction schedule and deadlines.
• Manage sets to meet the needs of the schedule.
• Coordinate with Operations and Business Development on all photographic projects.
• Maintain equipment, including Iris printer, and supply inventory to include ordering and recommendations for purchases and repairs.
• Experience in Lightphase Digital, 35mm, Hasselblad and 4X5 formats.
• Background in strobe lighting and catalogue photography.
• Expertise in Photoshop.
• Capable of working under pressure with strict deadlines and with a wide range of personalities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• From time to time the job requires lifting, pushing, or pulling objects up to 40 lbs.
• Work will be done during normal business hours, however there will be variable shifts including occasional weekends and evenings.
This position is exempt and not eligible for overtime. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, Life and AD&D, to name a few benefits. If interested please forward your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Email Recruitment US and put in the subject box "Photographer NY ".