Property of a deceased's estate c.1936 Morris Eight Project
Morris' replacement for the Minor was first shown to the public at the 1934 Motor Show. Intended to compete with successful rivals such as the Ford Model Y, the Eight boasted a new and more powerful 918cc sidevalve engine, stiffer box-section chassis, Bishop Cam steering, hydraulic brakes - a rarity on cars of its class - hydraulic shock absorbers, electric fuel pump and wire wheels. Now constructed entirely of pressed steel, the body was larger than that of its predecessor and could be had in saloon or tourer forms, the latter either two-seater or four-seater. The model was superseded by the improved Series E in 1938. Regarded fondly by enthusiasts as 'the poor man's MG', the open versions of the Morris Eight are today much sought after. This Morris Eight was used by the deceased owner to transport parts for yachts and other craft around the local harbour using a crude luggage container at the rear. In dry storage for many years, the vehicle is offered for restoration and has the potential to make a smart post-Vintage sports-tourer once equipped with suitable coachwork. There are no documents with this Lot, which is sold strictly as viewed.
Please note, the Chassis No is S1/EV142323 and the Engine No is 142963