Left-hand drive,1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine  Chassis no. 6F23S7Q254636
Lot 374
Left-hand drive,1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine Chassis no. 6F23S7Q254636
Sold for £4,255 (US$ 7,151) inc. premium
Lot Details
Left-hand drive
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine
Registration no. SUC 199R
Chassis no. 6F23S7Q254636

Footnotes

  • Founded by Henry Leland and Robert Faulconer, the Cadillac Automobile Company of Detroit, Michigan completed its first car in October 1902, the firm's superior precision manufacturing technology soon establishing it as the foremost builder of quality cars in the USA. Cadillac was among the pioneers of the V8 engine and introduced the first synchromesh gearbox on its 1929 range. Always innovators in automobile technology, the company continues to produce cars recognised everywhere as symbols of wealth and prestige. Cadillac's flagship model during the 1970s was the Fleetwood limousine, which employed a separate chassis and strengthened running gear sourced from the contemporary De Ville. The factory's stretched Limousine version was constructed on a monstrous 12' wheelbase, which made for an overall length of slightly over 20'.
    This imposing Fleetwood limousine was purchased new by the Al Fayed family, formerly owners of Harrods, and has been in their ownership or control until this year. The VIN number indicates that it was built in Detroit and fitted with the 425ci (7.0-litre) V8 engine. Originally used in France, the Cadillac was first registered in the UK in 1994 when it was used by Harrods Aviation to transfer passengers from the airport terminal to their private jets, hence the low mileage of 6,500. The car is offered with MoT to 20th September 2012 and Swansea V5C document. No reserve.
Activities
Contacts
  1. John Polson
    Specialist - Motor Cars
    Bonhams
    Work
    101 New Bond Street
    London, W1S 1SR
    United Kingdom
    Work +44 20 7468 5803
    FaxFax: +44 20 7468 5802