The most successful division of the Anglo-French Sunbeam-Talbot-Darracq combine, Talbot might well have escaped takeover by Rootes in 1935 had it not been shackled to its weaker partners. The company's healthy position had been achieved by a succession of well-engineered products penned by its designer, Swiss-born Georges Roesch, whose obsession with the pursuit of high performance through increased engine revolutions led to some of the most memorable cars of the 1930s. Talbot's Chief Engineer from 1916, Roesch rescued the company from the brink of failure with the launch of the 14/45. Introduced in 1926 as the basis of a one-model policy, the 14/45, like all Roesch's Talbot creations, was powered by a smooth and flexible six-cylinder overhead-valve engine endowed with a remarkably high output for its size. Abandoning the one-model programme, Roesch developed the 14/45 to produce the 75 and 90 models, the latter setting Talbot on the path towards renewed sporting success. 1931 saw the arrival of the 3.0-litre 105 powered by a new 'six' featuring staggered valves, a Roesch stratagem allowing for improved breathing. There was more technical innovation for 1933 in the form of Luvax adjustable dampers and the Roesch-designed, Wilson pre-selector gearbox, the latter augmented for 1935 by Talbot's famous automatic 'traffic clutch' which permitted sequential upward gearchanges. Also new for '35 were a dropped chassis frame and a 3.4-litre model - the 110 - that would turn out to be the ultimate Roesch Talbot. One of the great makes of the 1930s, Talbot was axed by new masters Rootes in 1937. First owned by Sir James Gosse in Australia, this BA105 tourer disappeared from sight for a time before being owned by Neville Webb, Ian Polson and Don Fraser, who commenced its restoration. Dr Callum Archibald and Michael Pryce then completed the car's full restoration in the 1990s before selling it to Chris Paveley. Shipping documents show that the Talbot was imported into the UK by Chris Paveley in 2004. The car was acquired by the late owner in 2006. The accompanying history file contains notes written by previous owners concerning work done and ongoing work needed, together with further correspondence from specialists such as Ian Polson offering advice on carburetion, etc. There are bills from specialists including Polson and Arthur Archer for work done on the car while in Paveley's ownership, including a comprehensive overhaul of the front axle, brakes, cylinder head, water pump, etc totalling circa £6,000. Work carried out by Archer's for the late owner during the period 2006 to 2009 include rebuilding the dynamotor, machining pistons, overhauling the rear axle, work to front springs, chassis, etc and installing a new crown wheel and pinion at a total cost of £10,000 (bills on file). Also on file are copies of brochures and parts lists, assorted expired MoT certificates and many technical articles and guides on how to perform various maintenance tasks sent to the late owner by specialists such as Arthur Archer. Described as in generally good condition, this beautiful 'post-Vintage thoroughbred' is offered with current road fund licence, MoT to December 2012 and Swansea V5C registration document.