The circular plaster plaque with wooden frame to the reverse, to the front with "XIVth Olympiad 1948" and Olympic torch, rings and laurel leaf, 610mm. in diameter
The vendor's grandfather, R.S. Attwater, was a Naval Officer on the organising committee for the 1948 Olympics and a referee for the boxing, and was presented with the plaque at the end of the games. This plaque was displayed on the podium at the opening ceremony of the 1948 games.