1. ADAMS, FRANKLIN P. 1881-1960. Autograph Letter Signed ("Frank"), 1 p, 4to, Westport, CT, Jan 5, 1956, to Walter, mentioning Eugene Field, lightly toned and creased.
2. GILBERT, W.S. 1836-1911. Autograph Letter Signed ("W.S. Gilbert"), to Mrs. Lewis, 1 p, 8vo, South Kensington, November 29, 1881, sending tickets.
3. LEWIS, SINCLAIR. 1885-1951. Typed Letter Signed ("Sinclair Lewis"), to Dramatists Play Service ordering copies of plays, 1 p, 8vo, Bronxville, NY, March 2, 1937, light toning and thumbing.
4. LURIE, ALISON. 1926-2020. Autograph Letter Signed ("Alison"), telling her high school English teacher how much she hates Radcliffe, 3 pp recto and verso, 8vo, Cambridge, MA, July 10, 1943, with original transmittal envelope. "I hate my English teacher and I hate Radcliffe and I wish I was elsewhere." With 12-line manuscript poem titled "Spider's Web."
5. WOOLLCOTT, ALEXANDER. 1887-1943. Autograph Letter Signed ("A Woollcott") regarding publication of his writing in Reader's Digest, 3 pp, 8vo, Bomoseen, VT, November 15, 1940, to Mr. Mayes, on personal letterhead, leaves tipped together at margins into one sheet, toned. With 1935 TLS of Woollcott and ANS on the margin of a 1935 letter to him asking him to join the National Association of Performing Artists.
Lot also includes letters by ROBERT SHERWOOD (editor of Life magazine), H. ALLEN SMITH, and FRANK SULLIVAN.