An important unrecorded large Doccia figure of the 'Farnese Hercules'
Tax and Heritage Advice
Bonhams works with our clients and their professional advisors in offering advice on the complex area of Heritage taxation.
We can assist in the following ways:
- Pre and post-sale advice on Capital Gains Tax liabilities and calculations of (1982) base date values.
- Negotiating values for Inheritance Tax (IHT) purposes where objects are sold during the administration of an estate.
- Preparing or assisting with claims for the conditional exemption, or re-exemption, of pre-eminent objects from IHT.
- Gifts of objects and advice on formal leaseback arrangements including the negotiation of user rentals.
- Advice on the Estate Duty or IHT implications of selling or transferring previously exempt objects.
- Negotiating private treaty sales to UK public collections and the calculation of the tax-exempt special price.
- Negotiating offers in lieu of IHT and Estate Duty together with the calculation of the tax credit.