Numerous examples of the world's most famous sports car assembled for anticipated January event
In just two weeks in the beautiful Arizona desert many rare, exotic and historic automobiles will be on offer at Bonhams Scottsdale Auction. Included in the world-class selection of 101 motorcars will be several examples from Italy's most celebrated manufacturer, Ferrari. Following are highlights of these impressive machines.
1. The significant 1951 212 Export Touring Berlinetta, formerly owned by Augusto Caraceni – family tailors to Enzo Ferrari, Gianni Agnelli, Gary Cooper and Aristotle Onassis, among many others – leads the list of stand-outs. With prominent and documented ownership and competition history, original bodywork and a matching numbers drivetrain, this stunning and rare sports racing car is among the finest early Ferraris in existence.
2. One of just 29 purpose-built Ferrari-spec racers, this rare 2010 599XX was never raced and, with delivery miles only, is in superb new condition.
3. A very low mileage, expertly restored and matching numbers factory 6-carb and torque-tube, long nose 1966 275 GTB/6C that has been Ferrari Classiche-certified and documented by noted authority Marcel Massini.
4. A genuine and fast 1967 330 GTC with air conditioning and coachwork by Pininfarina in the beautiful and uncommon factory-delivered Verde Chiaro color.
5. The multiple Ferrari Club of America Platinum Award-winning 1968 330 GTC – one of the top examples of this model anywhere in the world.
6. A carefully preserved 1976 308 GTB in the doubly desirable early production fiberglass body with Fly Yellow color.
7. Award-winning 1988 328 GTB boasts iconic styling, exceptional condition throughout, and just over 7,000 miles from new.
8. Ferrari's flagship model of the '80s, this 1990 Testarossa is an authentic, very low mileage example of the Prancing Horse supercar to be offered without reserve.
These and other Italian motorcars, such as models from Alfa Romeo, FIAT and Maserati, together with an incredible assortment of collectors' automobiles from around the world, will be offered at Bonhams Scottsdale Auction on Thursday, January 16th at the beautiful Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. For more information and to register to bid and order a catalog, please visit bonhams.com/scottsdale.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Bonhams, founded in 1793, is one of the world's largest auctioneers of fine art and antiques. The present company was formed by the merger in November 2001 of Bonhams & Brooks and Phillips Son & Neale. In August 2002, the company acquired Butterfields, the principal firm of auctioneers on the West Coast of America. Today, Bonhams offers more sales than any of its rivals, through two major salerooms in London: New Bond Street and Knightsbridge; and a further three in the UK regions and Scotland. Sales are also held in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Carmel, New York and Connecticut in the USA; and Germany, France, Monaco, Hong Kong and Australia. Bonhams has a worldwide network of offices and regional representatives in 25 countries offering sales advice and valuation services in 60 specialist areas. For a full listing of upcoming sales, plus details of Bonhams specialist departments go to www.bonhams.com