We currently have vacancy for a Junior Cataloguer within our Sporting Guns Department based in Knightsbridge.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to work well under their own initiative, as they will spend much of their day unsupervised in the gunroom, maintaining an organised and tidy working environment. Duties will also include but not be limited to:
• Cataloguing and maintaining control of the department's incoming and outgoing property, including maintaining the firearms register
• Dealing with client queries, and ensuring prompt client advice on properties consigned
• You will assist with all aspects of the auction process; this includes pre and post sale administration, assisting on viewing and sale days.
• Assisting with the development of the department, encouraging both vendors and buyers to become clients of Bonhams
• Assisting with catalogue production, liaising with DTP and photography
• You may be required to attend off-site events
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and a good team player. You will have proven administration and client service skills, along with an interest in guns. Previous cataloguing experience would be an advantage as would a working knowledge of one or two European languages. This will at times be a demanding role, requiring enthusiasm and a flexible approach. The role will involve some travel; therefore a UK driving licence would be desirable.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the Personnel Department, 101 New Bond Street, London W1S 1SR, or via email to
Recruitment by 9th February 2014.