Closing date: 8 Jun 2014
JOB DESCRIPTION 12/13
JOB TITLE: Business Manager
DEPARTMENT: Natural History
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Management/Department Co-Directors
STATUS: Part-time 30 hours per week
HOURS: M - F business hours to be discussed, occasional overtime required
OVERVIEW: Responsible for all pre-sale, sale and post-sale coordination; for the management of the consignor relationship, document management and contract maintenance; for all processing and maintenance of inventory for the Natural history department. Coordinate with Marketing, Operations and Accounting to ensure adherence to all sale-related deadlines, flawless sale activity, and maximization of results. Act as liaison with consultant specialists ensuring they understand and follow Bonham's systems and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include but not limited to:
• Responsible for the complete care of consignors; follow defined Consignor Management work processes; provide consistent execution with all consignor communication including processing of contracts, inventory maintenance and resolving settlement issues.
• Monitor inventory acquisitions to assist in forecasts and to ensure all steps toward catalog creation are in place.
• Unpack, note defects/damage, enter all property into A3, including measurements and weights where required; barcode and scan.
• Provide report information to Sr. Mgmt. and Specialists to help with Business Development and Marketing.
• Coordinate with Photography and Digital with regard to catalog, promo, and ads within deadlines.
• Ensure contracts and Schedules are signed for every consignment.
• Manage all deadlines for an assigned sale.
• Work with the Operations Manager to coordinate events in support of the sale.
• Manage and oversee Auction Day operations as well as post sale processes.
• Manage Unsold – Re-offer with sign-off vs. Return to Owner.
• Respond to general department emails where appropriate.
• Respond to telephone inquiries or pass relevant information on to specialists.
• Provide assistance to Client Relations in resolution of client issues as necessary.
• Ensure department functions efficiently, resolve problems and/or escalate as needed.
• Conduct post-sale analysis with Specialists, Gallery Floor staff, Marketing, Operations and Finance by holding a post-sale review meeting and ensuring that all action items are assigned and completed.
• Develop recommendations to streamline work processes, enhance services and maximize profitability.
• Train and oversee crew regarding special handling, safety, inventory storage, security, etc.
• Assist with the pick up of property that requires special handling.
• Travel to trade shows as needed to help coordinate the pick up of consignments (and some return of unsolds).
• Create an administrative system to support specialists' solicitation and vetting of property.
• Communicate with VP of Operations/Operations Manager in advance of requiring assistance during crucial busy times.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES include but are not limited to: Those assigned by Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and within multiple deadlines.
• Exceptional organization and communication skills.
• Excellent problem-resolution skills.
• PC proficiency with MS Office applications Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of special handling requirements for Natural History property.
. If interested please forward your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to
Recruitment US and put in the subject box Business Manager Natural History.