Closing date: 23 Apr 2014
JOB TITLE: Client Relations Supervisor – New York
DEPARTMENT: Client Relations
REPORTS TO: Client Relations Manager
STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
HOURS: M-F 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; weekends and evenings as needed.
OVERVIEW: This is a hands-on, multi functional position, supervising a wide variety of administrative roles connected with day-to-day client services and front desk operations, providing excellent service to all internal and external Bonhams clients. Ensure the Client Services team maintains a calm and professional manner in all aspects of client services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
• Hire and review Cashier/Client Relations Representatives and Front Desk Receptionists; schedule as needed throughout the auction season.
• Assist clients and guide when necessary in all aspects of the company with professionalism and courtesy.
• Serve as liaison between customer and various departments or offices.
• Resolve customer problems accurately and thoroughly, with assistance of Manager, if necessary.
• Research and answer questions, utilizing internal resources for problem solving and research.
• Accurately maintain and update all customer requests and records.
• Supervise the recording and entering, and double check any and all incoming phone, absentee, either/or bids. This includes answering any questions or performing follow-up as necessary for accurate bid execution.
• Manage initiation of credit checks if necessary for first time bidders before bids are entered or must have approval of Manager to enter.
• Update customer contact database by adding, changing or deleting files on a regular basis, while avoiding duplicating accounts.
• Supervise processing catalog purchases at front desk and catalog subscription requests and inquiries, including mailing out of such material.
• Insure that department maintains catalog display areas and update brochures/mailers in public areas.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES including but not limited to: Those assigned by Supervisor
• Report and resolve complaints and insure communication on resolution steps.
• Develop recommendations to streamline work processes, enhance services, and maximize profitability.
• Scheduling of telephone bidders.
• Training to be organized as and when necessary.
• Knowledge of Customer Support Functions; prior supervision experience preferred.
• Excellent organization and communication skills, including fluency in reading, writing, speaking & comprehending English.
• Detail-oriented and organized, with an ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to complete problem research and projects in timely manner; to learn quickly and accurately; and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and stressful situations.
• Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
• To be flexible and adapt to change as the company expands.
This position is Exempt from overtime rules. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, Life and AD&D, to name a few benefits. If interested please forward your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to
Recruitment US and put in the subject box Business Client Relations Supervisor – New York .