Closing date: 23 Apr 2014
Position Description Oct 2013
Position Title: Network and Desktop Support Technician
Reports to Senior Systems Analyst; VP of Business Development NY
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: M – F, 9:30 to 5:00 with periodic weekend and evening work.
OVERVIEW: The Network, Desktop and Auction Support Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, back-up and support of desktop computers, printers and other computing devices in the office. The Technician will also be responsible for the maintenance and support of the saleroom telephone and audio systems, as well as the visual wall in the lobby.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
Desktop support - Windows XP, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
• Be the first point of contact for all users at the New York office for PC related issues and problems
• Assist in the procurement and specification of IT hardware and software
• Build, repair and install desktop and laptop computers
Server, Network Maintenance – Windows 2003/2003 and SUSE Linux servers
• Server maintenance, back-up, software and hardware updates.
• Implement and maintain networking hardware in a LAN/WAN environment in accordance with corporate standards. A thorough understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP is essential.
• Provide assistance in the management of various servers and network devices as instructed.
• Act as a point of contact for network support to the Help Desk and the end-users in the New York office
Audio system/Phone system
• Maintain the auction room telephone and sound system and the visual wall.
• Maintain paging systems for all facilities.
• Train internal staff in conducting system checks for auctions.
• AS/BS Technical degree in Computer Science, or a similar discipline.
• Three to our years hands on experience in related fields.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to conceptualize and carry out projects to completion.
This position is Non-Exempt. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, Life and AD&D, to name a few benefits. If interested please forward your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to
Recruitment US and put in the subject box Network and Desktop Support Technician-NY.