Closing date: 23 Apr 2014
JOB DESCRIPTION Oct13
JOB TITLE: Crew Member
SUPERVISOR: Gallery Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
HOURS: M - F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with overtime and weekend work as required
OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for the storage and movement of all property while maintaining warehouse procedures and organization standards. Property movement also includes set-up and take-down of antique furniture and fine art sale property for previews, assisting in moving and preparing items for photography department, setting up for appraisal clinics, special events & assisting clients with pick-up and delivery of items.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
• Receive incoming shipments by moving property to safe storage locations while maintaining barcode scanning procedures.
• Unload/load trucks as needed.
• Unpack fragile items carefully.
• Assist photographers by moving property onto and off the photo sets, returning property to warehouse inventory locations.
• Assist customers with pick-up and delivery of items.
• Maintain company security procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Maintain warehouse inventory standards.
• Set up - move wall panels and set up property (furniture, rugs, paintings, etc.) for gallery quality presentations.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
• 1-year experience handling fine art or antique furniture desired.
• Ability to perform physical tasks including: lifting, pushing, pulling items using proper lifting/moving techniques – minimum weight lifting capability of 40 lbs.
• The ability to safely lift and maneuver large furniture items with the appropriate furniture moving equipment, and with assistance from other crew staff as needed.
• Ability to utilize appropriate lifting and moving equipment (i.e., pallet jack, hand truck, etc.).
• Ability to work overtime, as required, to meet auction schedule deadlines.
• Good communication skills, and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record.
This position is Non-Exempt. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, Life and AD&D, to name a few benefits. If interested please forward your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to
Recruitment US and put in the subject box Crew Member-SF.