Closing date: 23 Apr 2014
TITLE: Associate – Trust & Estates – New York
DEPARTMENT: Trusts and Estates
SUPERVISOR: Director – Trust & Estates; VP – Trusts & Estates
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, 9:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday
OVERVIEW: Generate consignments and promote the professional services of Bonhams within the Estate Planning Community.
Serve as secondary liaison to develop relationships within the Estate Planning Community that will generate opportunities for consignment and appraisal. This key function entails meetings with key attorneys; trust officers and wealth managers on a daily basis and serving as the contact point and ambassador for the Bonhams brand. Focus and concentrate on business development in the New York area.
• Generate new business through personal/team visits, direct mailing programs, and phone contact.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the fiduciary community and institutions.
• Maintain computer database of attorneys and trust officers.
• Attend Estate Planning conventions and set up exhibition booths
• Oversee all stages of appraisal coordination for estates – from initial contact through delivery of final document, including oversight of Specialists.
• Preliminary walk-through, appraisal coordination, communicates sale process, negotiate terms with potential consignors, and oversee consignment process.
• Active member of 3 estate planning councils within the targeted region.
• Identify opportunities for corporate sponsorship and strategic partnerships.
• Liaison with marketing department in preparation and presentation of individual proposals for sale.
• Liaison with marketing department for ads targeted to region.
• Participate in speaking engagements to the Trusts & Estates community.
• Develop intern program for Trusts & Estates.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
• 3+ years in business development, marketing, or events planning preferably in the trust & estates, art and/or auction field.
• Interest in taxation, trusts, estates or probate law; legal experience desired.
• Familiarity of the trust & estates community, including key institutions and individuals, to develop current and future business.
• PC literate in MS Office applications Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to travel 50% of time; valid driver's license with clean driving record.
This position is Exempt from overtime rules. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, Life and AD&D, to name a few benefits. If interested please forward your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to
Recruitment US and put in the subject box Associate Trust Estate-NY.