Closing date: 2 Sep 2013
Bonhams is pleased to offer an internship with the Portrait Miniatures department at our salerooms in Knightsbridge.
This particular internship offers a unique insight into the day-to-day workings of a busy auction house through hands-on experience, assisting leading specialists in client-facing, office and saleroom environments in preparation for their UK auctions. The internship also provides an opportunity to develop an understanding of this particular area of the fine art market including the history and technical evolution of the portrait miniature.
The placement is available for a 3 month period on a full-time, Monday to Friday basis, commencing September 2013.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate a proven interest in the auction business and must be 18+ years of age. International applicants will also need to provide proof of EU citizenship, a valid UK work permit or a UK student visa.
Please email Internship with the following information:
• Your CV, outlining academic achievements and work experience attained to date
• Contact details including your postal address, telephone number(s) and email address
• Cover letter describing what you hope to gain from your internship with Bonhams
• Contact details of 2 referees, with their telephone numbers and email addresses
• Copy of proof of UK/EU citizenship, valid UK work permit or UK student visa if necessary