Bonhams are seeking a Junior Cataloguer to join our Contemporary Asian Art team in the Hong Kong office. You will contribute the overall success of the department and generate consignments for auction.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, developing business contacts and strategic opportunities, sourcing goods for sale, i.e. visiting clients and undertaking travel in the Hong Kong region or overseas. You also will be handling client requests for valuations, giving estimates on goods for sale, undertaking research on lots and corresponding with clients and maintain communication thereafter. Within your role you will assist with cataloguing, pre and post-sale administration, maintaining the client database and monitoring stock control. In addition, you will be expected to assist with the catalogue photography and production schedule and support the department on sale days with telephone bidding.
The successful candidate must possess some or all of the following:
• A sound knowledge in all aspects of the Contemporary Asian art market
•You will have the ability to establish good working relationships with dealers, institutions, curators and collectors' within the field
• Hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Art History or Decorative Arts. Masters desirable.
• Fluent in Mandarin, with Cantonese language skills being advantageous.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Good working knowledge of Windows XP and MS Office.
• Communication and interpersonal skills are essential to the role, both written and spoken.
• Knowledge of the auction industry.
Please send a full CV and covering letter by 13th September 2013 to, The Personnel Department, 101 New Bond Street, London W1S 1SR or e-mail Recruitment. Alternatively you can apply to Suite 1122, Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong or email@example.com to submit your details.