Bonhams are seeking an experienced Specialist and business developer to join our Hong Kong office handling Chinese traditional paintings. Your primary duty will be to generate consignments for auction.
This role is responsible for fostering business getting for Chinese Painting in Hong Kong, focusing on, but not limited to the area of Classical Chinese painting. This role works in concert with the US team to and other Heads of Department to help foster the growth of Chinese painting auctions and occasional private sales for Bonhams in Hong Kong. In addition, to assist in instituting systems to streamline the expertise, marketing and catalogue production processes as well as to ensure that a cooperative strategy among the Chinese painting department and the Contemporary Asian art group is operating in good order. In addition you will be expected to provide support on sale days and assist with auction day operations.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
• 10 or more years in the auction industry and in Classical Chinese Paintings
• Fluency in Mandarin, with a strong command of English. A fluency in any other dialects of Chinese would be advantageous.
• You will have relationships with established deals and collectors in your specialism.
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines.
• Meticulous to detail and well-organised management abilities.
• Excellent computer skills, with a sound knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
Please send a full CV and covering letter by 13th September 2013 to, The Personnel Department, 101 New Bond Street, London W1S 1SR or e-mail Recruitment. Alternatively you can apply to Suite 1122, Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong or firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your details.