Closing date: 23 Aug 2013
Bonhams is pleased to offer an internship placement within the Operations department at our global headquarters in New Bond Street.
You will gain excellent insight into the workings of a busy auction house while having hands-on experience. You will be given the opportunity to shadow Bonhams officers and will be able to experience the buzz of sale days.
The placement will be for 3 to 6 months from around 16th September 2013 on a full-time, Monday to Friday basis.
You will learn the day to day tasks performed by our operations team as well as gain an insight into the world of Fine Art. You will also spend some time in other Bonhams sites helping with various projects including the relocation of some departments and the implementation of new procedures. You will learn some aspects of the IT used as well as facilities management and logistics.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, attention to detail, flexibility and a "can do" attitude are required. You will need to show a proven interest in the auction business, be over the age of 17 and for international applicants, be either an EU citizen, have a valid UK work permit or a UK student visa.
Please email Recruitment with the following information:
• Your CV, outlining your up-to-date studies and work experience
• Contact details with address, telephone number and email address
• Cover letter describing what you hope to gain from your placement at Bonhams
• Contact details of 2 referees, with their telephone numbers and email addresses
• Copy of proof of UK/EU citizenship, valid UK work permit or UK student visa