JOB DESCRIPTION August2013
JOB TITLE: Business Manager/Receiver – F & D
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Management; dotted line to Director, F & D NY
STATUS: Full Time Exempt
HOURS: 9:00 to 5:30, M – F; some evening and weekend work
OVERVIEW: Responsible for all pre-sale, sale and post sale coordination for New York Furniture and Decorative Arts department. Coordinates with Marketing, Operations and Finance to ensure flawless sale activity and maintenance of all sale related deadlines. Responsible for the management of the consignor relationship, document management and contract maintenance. Works directly with the consignor and all internal departments to ensure handling of all activities as they relate to the consignment process. Responsible for the processing and maintenance of inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include but not limited to:
• Provide sales report information to Senior Management and Specialists in order to help with Business Development and Marketing.
• Track and report on sale performance against set objectives; analyse effectiveness of promotions and events.
• Develop recommendations to streamline work processes, enhance services and maximise profitability.
• Coordinate with Photography and Digital with regard to photography for catalogue, promo, ads and any other marketing collateral as needed in adherence with established deadlines.
• Manage all sale related deadlines.
• Responsible for the complete care of consignors including processing of contracts, inventory maintenance, resolving settlement and logistical/shipping issues, determining property status and answering all consignor inquiries.
• Follow defined Consignor Management work processes; provide consistent execution with all consignor communication.
• Maintain departmental files with all consignor documents and sale related archives.
• Provide assistance to Client Services in resolution of client issues as necessary.
• Take the necessary actions to satisfy client concerns in a timely and cost effective manner. Refer property related issues to appropriate specialists to answer as required. Escalate as needed.
• Coordinate Property transfers with co-workers in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and other potential locations.
• Travel as needed for offsite previews and/or sales.
• Unpack, note defects/damage, input and barcode consignments received in New York.
• Coordinate with appraisers to determine property groupings and values of incoming inventory that have not already been assigned monetary value.
• Coordinate and assist with Preview set up.
• Coordinate the movement of inventory to storage locations, photo sets, preview, transporter, to buyers and return to owners.
• Tag property for auction.
• Print contract Proof Report, check contract terms and inventory against contract.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
• As assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years experience in an office environment; auction house experience a plus.
• Ability to work under pressure and with multiple deadlines.
• Exceptional organisational and communication skills (written & verbal).
• Excellent problem resolution skills and customer service skills.
• PC proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn other software programs.
• Ability to be self-sufficient as well as team oriented.
This position is Exempt from overtime rules. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, Life and AD&D, to name a few benefits. If interested please forward your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Recruitment US and put in the subject box Business Manager/Receiver – FD NY.