Closing date: 5 Nov 2013
Our Client Services department is looking to fill a unique role in our New York office. This position will be responsible for meeting clients, providing client services support and cashiering for our auctions. This position requires heavy multi-tasking, prioritizing and the ability to juggle tasks while keeping a professional demeanor.
The right candidate will need to have the ability to answer and resolve all customer issues in a professional manner by utilizing internal resources for problem solving and research. The ability to work overtime and/or weekends is an important requirement of this position. The position is heavy in phone calls, data entry and internal client liaison with department managers and specialists. Candidates with previous customer services experience are preferred.
Flexibility is one of the most important aspects of this job role. The position does require a weekend rotation as our previews and auctions generally fall on a Saturday and/or Sunday. You must have the ability to work well within a team and also independently. You must also be willing to learn new tasks and take on duties as required in a quick and efficient manner.
Some Qualifications for this position are as follows:
• Excellent communication skills. We require someone with absolute fluency in reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending professional level English.
• The ability to speak a second language aside from English is preferred.
• The ability to prioritize and multitask various duties such as problem solving re-search, department functions, and phone calls while maintaining a polite and pro-fessional demeanor.
• A detail-oriented and organized working personality, with the ability to operate both independently and within a team environment.
• The ability to complete problem research and projects in a timely manner; to learn quickly and accurately, and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines and in extremely stressful situations.
• Proficiency using MS Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to learn proprietary applications, such as our business enterprise system.
• Knowledge of cash procedures and computerized billing systems preferred but not essential.
Bonhams is an international auction house specializing in the appraisal and sale of fine art, fine and rare books and manuscripts, fine jewelry, antiques, fine wine, motor cars and all types of collectibles. Our US galleries and salesrooms are located in San Fran-cisco, Los Angeles, and New York City.
We offer an excellent benefit package with this hourly regular full-time position, including medical, dental & vision insurances, company-paid life and AD&D insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off accrual and optional domestic partner benefits.
Please send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume with reference "Client Relations Jun13" in the subject box to Recruitment US.