Closing date: 4 Aug 2013
We are looking for a candidate for our Los Angeles office on Sunset Blvd. to oversee and manage day-to-day activities, as well as to work with east and west coast public relations colleagues and the Groups corporate Press Office, based in New Bond Street, London. All offices work as an international team and share the responsibility for publicizing the auction houses sales and activities to an international media audience, with the aim of building a strong positive perception of the Bonhams brand. Daily activities in the Press Office are extremely varied and although the workload is often demanding, it is also highly rewarding.
• At least 18 months paid work experience in the Public Relations field, ideally in the arts or in the luxury sector.
• An excellent writer and copy editor, with a nose for a good story.
• Substantial experience cold-calling and pitching stories by phone.
• Experience with press calls and high-profile media events.
• Evidence of a developing media contact database.
• College degree, with a concentration or major in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or relevant Liberal Arts discipline.;
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
• Ability to be self-sufficient as well as team oriented.
• Ability to work early/late hours, and the occasional weekend, if required.
This is a full time Exempt position, with full benefits including medical, dental, vision and a 401k plan. Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, salary expectations and resume with PR Coordinator – LA in the subject box to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Recruitment US and put in the subject box "PR Coordinator – LA".