Closing date: 7 Feb 2013
We currently have vacancy for a Junior Cataloguer within our Sporting Guns Department based in Knightsbridge.
The ideal candidate must be computer literate, an excellent communicator and a good team player. You will have proven administration and client service skills. You will own a clean drivers license and will have an interest in guns/shooting. Previous cataloging experience would be an advantage, as would a working knowledge of one or two European languages.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Assisting the Head of Department
• Cataloguing and maintaining control of the department's incoming and outgoing property, including maintaining the firearms register
• Dealing with client queries, and ensuring prompt client advice on properties consigned
• Business getting – encouraging both vendors and buyers to become clients of Bonhams
• Maintaining an organized and tidy working environment
• Assisting the departmental administrator when necessary, and overseeing viewing sessions
• Assisting in photography
• Attending off-site events
This demanding role requires initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the Personnel Department, 101 New Bond Street, London W1S 1SR, or via email to
Recruitment by 7th February 2013.