Closing date: 29 Jun 2012
Bonhams is pleased to offer an internship placement in the Photographs department in New Bond Street.
The placement runs from 30th July 2012 - 26th October 2012 on a full-time, Monday to Friday basis, from 9am to 5.30pm.
You will gain excellent insight into the workings of a busy auction house as part of a small team, while developing core skills through hands-on experience. You will shadow leading specialists in the field and will have the opportunity to experience the buzz of sale days. You will get involved with researching artists and their work using the department library and other research resources, collating information on buyers and sellers, and developing an understanding of photographs and photobooks and their care and preservation. You might also assist with drawing up contracts, handling material in the department, preparing lots for transport and other ad-hoc administration of the department. You may be sent to Bonhams' warehouse and other locations during the placement.
You will need to show a proven interest in the auction business, be over the age of 17 and for international applicants, be either an EU citizen, have a valid UK work permit or a UK student visa.
Please email Internship with the following information:
• Your CV, outlining your up-to-date studies and work experience
• Contact details with address, telephone number and email address
• Cover letter describing what you hope to gain from your placement at Bonhams
• Contact details of 2 referees, with their telephone numbers and email addresses
• Copy of proof of UK/EU citizenship, valid UK work permit or UK student visa
• Dates available