Property of a deceased's estate 1936 Rolls-Royce Phantom III Sedanca de Ville Project Coachwork by H J Mulliner Registration no. DLA 133 Chassis no. 3AZ170 Engine no. V18F
Chassis number '3AZ170' was completed in November 1936 with Sedanca de Ville coachwork by H J Mulliner and first owned by one H R Leonard of Herongate Hertfordshire. Registration documents on file pick up the ownership trail in 1955 when the car was owned by a George William Jossrot, recording a further three owners up to September 1983 when it was acquired by a Kenneth Walter Batchelor.
The late owner acquired the Rolls-Royce from Mr Batchelor in April 1985 and there are photographs on file depicting it at time of delivery. Refurbishment carried out prior to that date included shot-blasting and re-enamelling the chassis; some re-plating of the brightwork and polishing of woodwork; and fitting four new tyres (invoices on file). In March 1986 the (non-original) engine 'V18F' was sent to John Reynolds for rebuilding, the progress of which is documented by eight invoices totalling over £13,500, the last of which was issued in November 1990, and some 100 photographs. The engine is still out of the car but is not seized.
A challenging restoration project that nevertheless affords the prospect of owning a most distinctive motor car when completed, 'DLA 133' is offered with sundry bills, old-style logbook, V5 registration document, a selection of Phantom III-related literature and email correspondence with John Reynolds. Sold strictly as viewed.