New York: November 15, 1805. Folio. 4 pp.
Naphtali Judah, the second Jewish book seller in New York City's history (Benjamin Gomez was the first such dealer), announces the opening of his book and stationery store and lottery office located at 84 Maiden Lane (p 1, col 2). In a second advertisement in the same column, Judah notes the sale of American Playing Cards. He had "just received from the factory" a consignment of eighteen boxes of cards carrying various illustrations including Henry VIII and Merry Andrews. Judah was a trustee of Congregation Shearith Israel, and an officer of the Third Ward's Tammany political organization.