A huge success from the moment deliveries commenced in January 1923, the Austin Seven remained in production until 1939. Simply constructed, economical and easily maintained by the home mechanic, the Seven brought motoring within the financial reach of the man in the street. By the mid-1920s the Seven dominated the light car market in Britain. The introduction of the Ruby in 1934 marked an important step in the Seven's development. New body styles featured flowing lines, valanced wings and taller, cowled-in radiators. The wheel size was reduced from 19" to 17" diameter, flush-fitting self-cancelling trafficators were fitted and synchromesh was now present on second as well as third and top gears.
This pristine example was purchased by the current vendor from Blizzard Motors, Chorleywood in March 1991 and between 2001 and 2004 was fully restored, the work being split between Seven Rebuilds of Coleford, Gloucestershire and Tim Walker Restorations of Dinton, Buckinghamshire. There are bills totalling over £17,000 on file - rarely do Sevens get restored to this standard. Much used and enjoyed, particularly on the Austin Seven Club's London-Brighton Run, it has been driven only infrequently over the last three years, hence the decision to sell. Offered from a private collection, the car comes with an extensive history file and Swansea V5C document, and is currently taxed and MoT'd. A high-compression cylinder head is the only notified deviation from factory specification.