1956 Triumph 500cc Tiger 100
Registration no. TUE 721
Frame no. 75922
Engine no. T100 80003
The sports version of Edward Turner's trend-setting Speed Twin, the Tiger 100 was launched in 1938, reappearing in 1946 with telescopic forks in place of the original girders, and separate dynamo and magneto instead of the pre-war version's mag-dyno. An alloy cylinder head and barrel were adopted for 1951, these and other engine improvements boosting power to 32bhp, while a swinging-arm frame and 8"-diameter front brake (first seen on the 650cc Tiger 110) were fitted from 1954 onwards. A splayed-port cylinder head with twin carburettors became available from the start of the 1957 model year, and this would represent the ultimate development of the Tiger 100, which in mid-1959 was replaced by the new, unitary construction Tiger 100A. This motorcycle's accompanying Swansea V5 document states that it was first registered in July 1981 and has been 'assembled from parts'. Both the frame and engine date from 1956. An older restoration, the machine will require re-commissioning following long-term storage. offered with V5C and old MoT certificate (expired 1982).
- This machine is offered with V5C.