Property of a deceased's estate
c.1936 Velocette 249cc GTP Project
Registration no. CHY 322
Frame no. to be advised
Engine no. GB5818
The first machine to bear the name 'Velocette' was a two-stroke, so called to differentiate it from the larger, four-stroke Veloce model, and the type was an almost permanent fixture of the Hall Green range up until WW2. The ultimate expression of Velocette's two-stroke line - the GTP - appeared in 1930. Unlike many of its contemporaries, the GTP was not a 'built-to-a-price' utility model but a sporting lightweight of advanced design incorporating coil ignition and pumped lubrication controlled by the throttle. Early models had the three-speed hand-change gearbox, later ones the four-speed foot-change type, and all employed the characteristic slim-line Velocette clutch. This un-restored GTP has the four-speed foot-change gearbox introduced in April 1934. Offered for restoration, the machine comes with a spare parts list and BM-S instruction manual and is sold strictly as viewed. There is no registration document with this Lot.