c.1962 Suzuki Colleda TA250 Twin Ace
Frame no. 62-TA-23835
Engine no. TA-20943N
Michio Suzuki's company started life as a manufacturer of looms for the silk-weaving industry and did not make its first complete motorcycle until 1954, although these early models were marketed under the 'Colleda' name before 'Suzuki' gradually supplanted the former starting late in 1958. In 1956 Suzuki had introduced its first twin-cylinder motorcycle the Colleda TT a 250cc two-stroke featuring a spine frame and Earles-type leading-link forks. Before long there were additions to the twins range in the form of the Colleda SB Seltwin, which came in 125cc and 150cc capacities. For 1960 the 250cc model was restyled and updated along Seltwin lines, becoming the TA250 'Twin Ace', and now featured a telescopic front fork fitted with shrouds to make it look like a leading-link design. Of particular interest was the TA's linked braking system, the front and rear drums being operated hydraulically by the means of the foot pedal while the front could be operated independently via a conventional handlebar lever and cable. The system was soon dropped. This partially dismantled Twin Ace is offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed. A total of 30,576 kilometres (approximately 19,000 miles) is currently displayed on the odometer. There are no documents with this Lot, which is offered without reserve.