c.1961 Suzuki Colleda 125cc Seltwin
Frame no. 61-SB-84539
Engine no. SBB-51023
Michio Suzuki's company started life as a manufacturer of looms for the silk-weaving industry and did not make its first complete motorcycle until 1954, although these early models were marketed under the 'Colleda' name before 'Suzuki' became the norm late in 1958. In 1956 Suzuki had introduced its first twin-cylinder motorcycle the Colleda TT a 250cc two-stroke featuring a spine frame and Earles-type leading-link forks. Before long there were additions to the twins range in the form of the Colleda SB Seltwin, which came in 125cc and 150cc capacities and featured telescopic forks. Restyled towards the end of its life, the Seltwin had progressed from 'SB' to 'SL' model designations by the time production ceased in 1963. It is extremely unusual to find a Colleda Seltwin as original and complete as this, though it should be noted that the taillight is missing and the front forks are believed to be from a later Suzuki T20 or T200. The seat needs re-covering but important items such as the tank emblems and knee grips are good, as are the exhausts amazing for a 52-year-old machine. We are advised that the engine turns over nicely without any untoward noises. A total of 20,340 kilometres (approximately 12,640 miles) is currently displayed on the odometer. There are no documents with this Lot, which is offered without reserve and sold strictly as viewed.