1955 Triumph 499cc Tiger T100
Registration no. HHE 738
Frame no. 62323R
Engine no. T100 02543A
The sports version of Edward Turners trend-setting Speed Twin 500, the Tiger 100 was launched in 1938, reappearing in 1946 with telescopic forks in place of the original girders and separate dynamo and magneto instead of the pre-war versions mag-dyno. An alloy cylinder head and barrel were adopted for 1951, these and other engine improvements boosting power to 32bhp, while a swinging-arm frame and 8-diameter front brake (first seen on the 650cc Tiger 110) were fitted from 1954 onwards.
Fitted with a big bearing engine of later (approximately 1957) manufacture, this Tiger 100 was purchased as a non-runner (without documents) in 1983 and restored in 1983/84 to as close to factory specification as possible, being repainted in correct Shell Blue Sheen and black. The provision of Triumph Trophy camshafts is the only listed deviation from factory specification. Reregistered in 1984, HHE 738 has been used socially and for trips to VMCC events, the Isle of Man TT and Manx GP, the last such visit being in 2012. Maintained in full working order, with a service and oil change prior to the last MoT test in November 2012, this currently taxed and MoTd machine is offered with DVLA correspondence, a quantity of expired MoT certificates and tax discs, and old/current Swansea V5/V5C documents.