1925 Rudge 499cc 4 Valve, 4 Speed
Registration no. NW 6186
Engine no. 51745
Dating from the first year of four-valve Rudge production, this Vintage-era '500' was first registered on 28th February 1924 as a motorcycle/sidecar combination, the 'chair' being removed at the end of 1948. The engine was changed at some time prior to 1978 and from that date the Rudge resided in the Blackpool area until it changed hands at the VMCC's Founders' Day Rally in 1995. The Maglita and gearbox were overhauled in 1996 and that same year this machine won the 'Most Original' award at the Rudge Enthusiasts Club's Annual Rally. Shortly afterwards it suffered some fire damage and in 1997 Granville Motorcycles of Swadlincote carried out a restoration to concours standard. The current vendor acquired 'NW 6186' in May 2000 and for the next four years used it for VMCC events, winning the 'Most Technical Interest' award at the VMCC's Isle of Man Rally in 2001 and successfully completing the 2002 and 2003 Banbury Runs.
Dry stored between 2004 and 2011, the machine was re-commissioned in 2012 and is MoT'd/taxed until November 2013. Accompanying documentation includes an old-style continuation logbook (1947), a quantity of expired tax discs and MoT certificates, sundry restoration invoices, assorted correspondence and old/current Swansea V5/V5C documents. Instruction manuals, parts lists and original magazine articles are included in the sale also.
- The machine is of 1924 origin and documented as such.