1927 Douglas 347cc EW
Registration no. EH 9569
Frame no. F.4535
Engine no. E17219
Bristol-based Douglas built their reputation on their reliable and easily-handled flat-twin, providing many thousands of machines for the Great War. In 1925, they introduced the EW range, still low-slung but with modern styling and three-speed transmission operated by a lever working through the petrol tank. Instantly popular, the EW stayed in the range for several years with many examples soldiering on into the 1960s. This original example was, when catalogued, in the final stages of a complete rebuild, and is for sale only because of a house move. EH 9569 comes with a history file including correspondence with its one previous owner, a V5C for its Staffordshire number, Douglas OC certificate and RF.60 log-book.
- The Engine no. is VE17219. There is no Douglas Owners Club certificate with this lot.