1951 New Hudson 98cc Autocycle Project
Registration no. PMB 336
Frame no. ZE7543
Engine no. 171A25168
Having ceased motorcycle production in 1933, New Hudson returned briefly to the manufacture of two-wheelers in 1940 with the Autocycle. The engine was Villiers JDL and the Autocycle featured pedal transmission and a rigid front fork. Production resumed in 1946, by which time New Hudson was owned by BSA. Post-war developments included the adoption of pressed-steel, blade-type girder forks in 1948 and the Villiers 2F engine the following year. Deletion of the 2F power unit brought an end to Autocycle production in 1958. Offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed, this incomplete and partially dismantled example comes with old/current Swansea V5/V5C documents. No reserve.