c.1960 Francis-Barnett 249cc Cruiser 84 Project
Registration no. 595 LTU
Frame no. BBE 15458
Engine no. M25T84 19581
Post-WW2, Francis-Barnett concentrated on the production of lightweight two-strokes powered by Villiers engines at first, though from 1957 AMC's own engines were fitted to many models and by 1961 the home grown product - although now manufactured by Villiers - was used exclusively. Reviving a pre-war model name, the Cruiser was a new introduction for 1954 and initially used the Villiers 1H 225cc engine, which was housed in a new frame boasting a fabricated front 'downtube', telescopic forks and swinging-arm rear suspension. The 249cc AMC engine was adopted on the Cruiser 80 in 1956 and then three years later a new variant arrived in the form of the Cruiser 84, the latter featuring a voluminous rear enclosure and leg shields. This Cruiser 84 is offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed, It should be noted that the frame number on the accompanying Swansea V5 and V5C documents does not match that stamped on the frame.