1956 Triumph 498cc Tiger 100 Project
Registration no. NUX 688
Frame no. S80024
Engine no. T100 80024
The Tiger 100 sports version of Edward Turner's trend-setting Speed Twin reappeared in 1946 with telescopic forks in place of the original girders, and separate dynamo and magneto instead of the pre-war magdyno. Produced almost unchanged for the next three years, the Tiger gained Triumph's distinctive headlamp nacelle in 1949 when the range was restyled. An alloy cylinder head and barrel were adopted for 1951 while a swinging-arm frame and 8"-diameter front brake were fitted from 1954 onwards. Triumphs of the Edward Turner era are among the most stylish of post-war British motorcycles, and the Tiger 100 with its handsome all-alloy engine is one of the most charismatic and sought after of them all. Period photographs (scans available) depict this example in the Isle of Man in the early days of the Parker family's ownership with a single-seat sports sidecar attached. Offered for restoration and sold strictly as viewed, the machine comes with its original old-style logbook and old/current Swansea V5/V5C documents. No reserve.