Arguably the fondest-regarded of all Britain's post-war saloons, the Alec Issigonis-designed Morris Minor was launched at the 1948 Motor Show. The first new post-war Morris design, the unitary construction Minor boasted torsion bar independent front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and a four-speed synchromesh gearbox. Powered initially by the company's 918cc sidevalve four, the Minor received an 803cc overhead-valve engine in 1953. A pair of two-door models was offered initially: a saloon and a convertible. A four-door saloon appeared in 1950, estates and commercials following later. In 1956 the Minor 1000 with 948cc A-Series engine appeared, and the model received a further capacity boost (to 1,098cc) in 1962. Despite the many changes the final Minor remained recognisably the same car as the 1948 original. By the time production ceased in 1971, more than 1.5 million Minors of all types had been sold.
This Minor 1000 was purchased by the current owner from one Donald Brame of Egham, Surrey in November 1989 and was last taxed for the road in 2001. Its chassis and body are described as in generally good condition and the paintwork as good/average. It should be noted that the engine has not run for ten-plus years and the condition of the transmission and electrics is not known. Offered for re-commissioning/restoration and sold strictly as viewed, the car comes with an expired MoT (May 2000) and Swansea V5 registration document.