After spearheading the Aston Martin V8's transformation for the 1990s, the Virage name was dropped during 1994, its place as the 'standard' model being taken by a Vantage-style V8 Coupé. Introduced at the Geneva Salon in March 1996, the new V8 Coupé adopted all of the Vantage's muscular styling cues but retained the normally aspirated, 5.3-litre engine of the Virage and delivered similar performance. The model formed part of the Aston Martin range for just three years and is one of the rarer members of the modern V8 family.
Finished in British Racing Green with green-piped fawn leather interior, this automatic transmission V8 Coupé was acquired by the current vendor via Byron International in 2007 and serviced by Newlands Motors at the time of purchase. It was previously owned by a Mr M P Shotton of Knutsford, Cheshire. The vendor is an engineer and has mainly undertaken the general servicing himself using parts supplied by Aston Service Dorset, and for major maintenance works has used Wren Classics of Donhead St Mary, Dorset.
First registered in May 1996, the car comes with its original service booklet stamped initially by AML followed by (mainly) Stratstone of Wilmslow, the supplying dealer. The last stamped entry is dated 2001 (there is an unstamped 2010 entry) with follow-on history in the form of an invoice from Aston Service Dorset (for parts) and another issued by Wren Classics for an induction system overhaul undertaken in March 2012. The current odometer reading is 70,060 miles and the car is described as in generally very good condition.
Departures from factory specification include a Thatcham immobiliser, Pioneer satellite navigation, front/rear parking sensors and modified air filters (original system available). Previously registered '1762 BT', the car is offered with the aforementioned service history, owner's handbook, technical manual, current road fund licence, MoT to March 2014 and Swansea V5C document.