1939 Railton Eight Fairmile Drophead Coupé
Coachwork by Coachcraft
Registration no. MHX 156
Chassis no. H745376
Engine no. 31343
- Please note the rolling chassis was built in 1937. It stayed in chassis form until late 1945/early '46 when University Motors commissioned Coachcraft to produce the Fairmile DHC body. 1st registered on 15.4.1946 to a Mrs Coates of Stoke. In about 1950 it had a FHC body and in 1970 went to USA. Whilst in USA it was restored back into correct Fairmile guise as it looks today. 1988 it was in the UK.