1956 Parilla 175cc MSDS
Frame no. 500896
Founded in 1946, Parilla introduced the high-camshaft model, for which it is best remembered, in 1954. Built in various versions up to the company's closure in 1964, it was a 175cc single featuring a chain-driven camshaft mounted on the side of the cylinder head, the two valves being operated via short pushrods. Stunningly beautiful, the Parilla was also exceedingly quick, one not-yet-run-in competizione model being clocked at over 96mph by an American magazine. Not surprisingly the 'high-cam' model proved extremely successful on the racetrack, and enlarged versions of 200cc and 250cc capacity followed. An older restoration, this Parilla 175 MSDS has been kept on display as part of a private collection and presented in generally excellent cosmetic condition. However, we are advised that the engine requires attention and thus the machine is sold strictly as viewed.