1927 Terrot 347cc Type H Project
Frame no. 60644
Engine no. 56135
Previously a user of British-built JAP engines, Terrot began producing its own power units in the mid-1920s and by the decade's end had become France's largest manufacturer of motorcycles. At the Paris Salon in the autumn of 1925, the firm introduced the 347cc Model H, which replaced the Model G and was rated at 4CV for taxation purposes. The first examples were still equipped with JAP engines and Terrot's old-fashioned, horizontal-spring forks but by the year's end a more modern version had appeared, featuring Terrot's own sidevalve engine, Druid forks and Pilgrim oil pump. Tourisme, Sport and overhead-valve Supersport versions were offered, all of which were also available in 'Confort' (luxury) form at extra cost. This dismantled Type H is offered for restoration and comes with a 1997 purchase receipt. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves to this Lot's completeness or otherwise prior to bidding.