Limited edition 1/17, two rail electric, the finely detailed engine with pantographs, wiring, walkways, fully detailed sprung chassis, steps to cabs with hinged doors revealing detailed cab fittings, hinged compartment to engine side with switch for rail or panto electric feed, finished in light grey livery with Eagle and Swastika emblem, 52.5cm (20 3/4in) long.
FACTUAL NOTE: From 1935 53 locomotives of the E18 class were built by AEG and entered in service by DRG. E18 was designed for long-distance passenger sevices and were expected to haul heavy trains through hilly terrain as well as fast expresses in the flat. Locomotives of E18 were operated at first for express passenger trains but later used for normal passenger trains.
The engine had a max speed of 150km/h (design speed: 180km/h), the switchgear was so advanced as to call for comparatively little physical or mental effort on the part of the driver. In 1937 at the Paris World Exposition E18 received a 'Grand Prix'. The engines remained in service after the war being re-numbered class 118 in 1968 and class 218 in 1970. They were withdrawn from scheduled service in 1980.