"Evening Clouds" clipper ship Leander signed lower right "Henry Scott" oil on canvas 24 x 36 in. (60.9 x 91.4) cm.
Leander was a composite clipper ship designed by Bernard Waymouth, and built in 1867 by J. G. Lawrie of Glasgow for Joseph Somes. Leander sailed between London and the Far East (China) and later from China to New York City. She was in the tea trade until 1879. In the 1890's she was re-rigged as a barque, then sold to R. Anderson of London, then to Ross & Company. Her last owner was Seyed Youssouf bin Ahmed Zuwawee of Oman and was renamed Nusrool Mujeed in 1895. The Leander was broken up in 1901.