PLANTIN POLYGLOT BIBLE.
Five works bound together:
1. Lexicon Graecum, et institutiones Graecae, ad Sacri Apparatus innstructiones. 1572. 24, 382, [2 blank] pp.
2. MASIO. Syrorum peculium. Hoc est, vocabula apud Syros scriptores passim usurpata. 1571. 54,  pp.
3. MASIO. Grammatica linguae Syricae. 1571. 59,  pp.
4. LEFEVRE DE LA BODERIE. Dictionarium Syro-Chaldaicum. 1572. , 12, 198, [1 blank] pp.
5. PAGNINO. Thesauri Hebraicae linguae epitome. 1572. , 141,  pp.
All Christopher Plantin, 1571-1572. Folio (425 x 282 mm). Plantin device on each title. Ruled in red throughout. Various types. Parts 2-5 read from back to front. 18th century calf gilt. First title creased and with erasure, tiny brown corner stain, occasional mild toning, endpapers renewed, removed bookplate, binding scuffed and dry, hinges cracked.
FIRST EDITION OF THE LEXICOGRAPHICAL PORTIONS OF THE GREAT ANTWERP POLYGLOT BIBLE (1569-1573), first issue, of which only 600 copies were printed. This collection constitutes volume 6 of the Bible but was also available separately. Voet 644.
Books, Maps and Manuscripts
Auction terms and conditions