FRENCH IMPRINTS16TH CENTURY.
1. CALEPINUS. Dictionarium. "Paris" [but Strasbourg: Gruninger, c.1510]. Title printed in red and black in architectural border. Gothic type, double column. Period pigskin.
2. Another edition. Strasbourg: M. Schurer, 1516. Title printed in red and black in architectural border. Gothic and Greek types, double column. Period pigskin.
3. Another edition. Paris: J. Badius Ascencius, Feb 13, 1519. Title printed in red and black within ornamental border, printer's device. Double columns. Criblé initials. Later vellum.
4. Another edition. [Lyon: Jacob Myt for Martin Boullion, 1519.] Title printed in red and black within woodcut allegorical surround. Publisher's devices at title and colophon. Gothic and Greek type, double columns. Modern calf. Restorations at ends, lacking some preliminaries (title present).
5. Another edition. Lyon: Gryphius, 1546. Portrait border on title. Italic type, double column. Old calf. Title defective.
6. BUDÉ. Commentarii linguae Graecae. Paris: Estienne, 1548. Printer's device on title. Greek and roman type, Greek shoulder notes. Modern quarter calf.
7. CAEPOLA. De verborum et rer.... Lyon: Senneton Freres, 1551. BOUND WITH: COTTA. Mediolanensis Iureconsulti memoralia. Basel: 1545. First work with salamander device on title. Figural initials. Period boards covered in earlier manuscript.
Together, 7 volumes. Condition varies.
Books, Maps and Manuscripts
Auction terms and conditions