1968 Montesa 350cc Cappra
Frame no. 53M1049
Engine no. 53M0900
Montesa was founded in the mid-1940s in Barcelona by Pedro Permanyer and Francisco Bulto. The latter would leave the company in 1958 to found Bultaco, but before then his engineering genius had bequeathed Montesa a range of popular two-stroke roadsters. The company entered road racing in the early 1950s with a successful 125cc single, but its major impact on motorcycle sport would be away from the tarmac -- the Scorpion and Cappra motocrossers and the Cota trials bike being the equal of any of their contemporaries.
The offered example, one of only 250 made, has been restored to a high standard and shows little use since completion.
- This lot has been added to the auction.