King George V's Royal Automobile Club enamelled car badge by Elkington & Co, previously fitted to the Royal Daimlers,
formerly the property of the King's loyal Chauffeur Mechanic Ernest Philip Capell, the solid-cast brass 1920s Full Member's badge surmounted with Royal Crown design and with centre in Royal Blue enamel and bearing the 'GvR' Royal Cypher and Crown with red enamelling, with King's Head centre to reverse, the base of the badge stamped 'Elkington & Co Ltd - 22 Regent St. S.W.', 14cm high and mounted on a turned wooden base, offered together with seven period photographs depicting Royal Daimlers wearing the badge including King George and Queen Mary with the Edwardian Hooper bodied Limousine, and his later Daimlers at Balmoral and elsewhere, some images featuring Capell, three Royal chauffeur's cap badges for George V, Edward VIII and Prince of Wales and a Royal Armoured Corps 'Armoured Fist' cap badge, three hand-written letters to Capell from Charles Fitzwilliam, Crown Equerry to the King, on Buckingham Palace headed paper including one dated 1934 informing Capell that the King "...wants to be driven slowly in his car, as HM's nerves are not what they were.", and other assorted ephemera of Royal interest, postcards and personal photographs, some depicting King George and other members of the Royal household and staff including Capell.