An unusual departure for a firm more noted for its stately limousines, the SP250 sports car was Daimler's final fling before its acquisition by Jaguar. Aimed at the North American market and launched in 1959, the SP250 employed a separate ladder-type chassis on which sat controversially styled glassfibre coachwork manufactured by Daimler themselves. Four-wheel disc brakes were an unusual feature at the time but unquestionably the car's biggest virtue was its magnificent 2.5-litre V8 engine. An outstandingly flexible unit, the smaller of Daimler's two Edward Turner designed V8s produced 140bhp, an output good enough to propel the SP250 to a top speed of 125mph. In keeping with the demands of its intended market, automatic transmission was available as an option. The model survived Jaguar's 1960 take-over, benefiting from its new owner's attention that resulted in the much-improved 'B' version. Introduced in April 1961, the SP250 'B' boasted a stiffer chassis and thicker glassfibre coachwork while its 'C' replacement, introduced in April 1963, differed only in detail. Sadly, the Jaguar E-Type's arrival meant the SP250's days were numbered and production ceased in 1964. We are advised that this B-series SP250 has had only four owners from new and comes with full history including its original green logbook. The car was fully restored earlier this year when work carried out included a full, bare bodywork re-spray, re-plating of all brightwork, overhauling the carburettors and an engine service. New parts fitted include the brake discs, a stainless steel exhaust system, front suspension joints and the fuel pump. Finished in Westminster Blue with original red leather interior, '9473 CD' is offered with service and instruction books, sundry restoration invoices, current MoT/tax and Swansea V5.