Engine and transmission suppliers to Ransom Eli Olds and then Henry Ford, the Dodge brothers - John and Horace - diversified into automobile manufacture in 1914. Featuring a 35hp four-cylinder engine, welded all-steel body and 12-volt electrical system, the first Dodge was a robust, 'right-first-time' design that changed little, apart from a couple of extensions in wheelbase length, over the course of the succeeding ten years. Dodge was second only to Ford in the USA in 1920, but in that year both brothers died and the firm went into decline, falling to 13th place in the US industry rankings by 1928 when it was acquired by Walter P Chrysler. By that time Dodge was offering its first six-cylinder car, and the last examples of the 'Fastest Four in America' would be built for the 1927/28 model year. These were the Series 128 and 129, the latter distinguishable by virtue of its four-wheel hydraulic brakes. This rare, right-hand drive Dodge 'Fast Four' was exported to the UK in chassis form and is believed to have been bodied here by one of the Mulliner companies, though which of the three is not known. The Dodge was originally supplied to Miller & Son, Funeral Directors of Exmouth, Devon, who owned the car up to 1948. Its subsequent history up to 1965 is not known, though the Dodge is believed to have been discovered in a Buckinghamshire field before its purchase by John Martin in February '65. The car had one further owner before being purchased at auction in November 1971 by Albert Ward, who commissioned its restoration. Specialist S E Lloyd of Wolverhampton had completed 90% of the work (at a cost of £21,000) when the Dodge was sold to the current owner in August 2009. Whilst in his enthusiastic ownership the 3½-litre engine was rebuilt by Coventry Boring, receiving new pistons, con-rods, etc and the restoration was completed in mid-2010. 'UO 7767' has seen little use since completion (the engine is not yet run in) and is offered for sale ready for a new owner to enjoy. A delightful fast touring car with British coachwork, the Dodge is finished in black over blue with black leather upholstery to the front compartment and beige cloth to the rear. Accompanying documentation consists of sundry restoration invoices, two old-style continuation logbooks and Swansea V5 registration document.