1934 MM 175cc Sport
Frame no. 30A 555
Engine no. 3241317
MM was founded in Bologna in 1924 by Mario Mazzetti, formerly with Bologna-based motorcycle manufacturer, GD. One of Mazzetti's business partners was Alfonso Morini, who would leave to found his own company in 1937. MM's first motorcycle was a 125cc two-stroke with horizontal cylinder, the first of a line that would prove immensely successful in competitions throughout the 1920s. MM's four-stroke models were similarly effective and in 1933 a 175cc racer ridden by Luigi Bonazzi set a new world speed record for the class. MM made motorcycles for the Italian military during WW2 and when hostilities ceased returned to civilian manufacture with a range of new models, the high-performance variants of which punched well above their weight. Sadly, this was not what the market wanted and MM closed its doors in 1957. Erwin Tragatsch states that 'all MM machines were superbly made and had an excellent finish', qualities that are embodied by the wonderfully restored example offered here. The machine comes with original documentation and Italian libretto.
- The Engine Number is/ le numéro de moteur est: 32A1319
Offered with Automobile Club D'Italia Publico Registro documentation and Not an Italian Libretto.